Monday 8 November 2010

Day 22 - Sir John Betjeman - 8 November 2010

Today's weather was absolutely miserable.  I have a trusty umbrella, which has been pretty unbreakable, although it has turned inside out a number of times, it always flips back ok, totally intact.  That's how bad today's weather was - it broke my umbrella.

Trekking across London to my morning meeting this morning, with a broken umbrella, and no gloves (bad day to forget those), I really wasn't in the mood to take any pictures.  I did buy a new umbrella afterwards though, although that's not relevant here.

I ended up going to St Pancras station after work to find my photo opportunity, and this one presented itself nicely.  Whenever I've been up there before, this is usually surrounded by tourists (the bane of any Londoner's life), but not today.  So here he is:





I really enjoy the poems of his that I've read - we studied one of them for GCSE English Literature, and I can still near on recite the thing word perfect now, 12 years later.  Fabulous writing, even if he did later regret asking for bombs to come and fall on Slough!

No comments:

Post a Comment