Friday 26 November 2010

Days 37 & 38 - Euston and a very 'happy' crowd - 23 & 24 November 2010

On Tuesday of this week I had to go to Birmingham for some training.  It was unfortunate that my seat on the train was opposite a person who had quite a lot of germs emanating from them, and thus I managed to pick some of them up. It's been a bit of a rough week as a result.


Tuesday's photo is of the underground platform at Euston - with a train leaving.






Wednesday's photo presented itself rather unexpectedly.  I was heading home from work when I came across this very happy gathering of people spilling out of O'Neills pub across the road.  They wore green and white shaped scarves, and were chanting some sports anthems very enthusiastically, so I assumed their team had won, or something.  There was only 1 poor policeman trying to corral the lot, and not having much success.  I took this just as the police riot van showed up, and thus had to make a prompt exit afterwards, as they were all ushered in my direction.

If anyone can tell me what they were so happy about, I'd appreciate it. I just pity the clean up afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment